If you’re looking to add a touch of creativity to your wardrobe, using Chalk Couture ink on shirts is a fun and easy way to do it. With its vibrant colors and versatile application, Chalk Couture ink can help you create a unique and personalized design on your shirt that will stand out from the rest. I’ll teach you how to use Chalk Couture ink on shirts with our T Shirt stencil kit and give you some tips on how to achieve the best results.
Full Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. For more info, see the Disclaimer Policy
DIY T Shirt Stencil Kit Steps to Follow:
Step 1: Prep the Shirt for Chalk Couture T Shirt Kit Stencil
Start by removing any sizing or finishes that may interfere with the transfer process. Iron it to remove any wrinkles. Place Chalk Coutre Ink Mat inside the shirt to prevent the ink from bleeding through to the other side and moving.
Step 2: Apply the Chalk Couture Transfer / Stencil Design
Place the Chalk Couture inspirational quote stencils / transfer design of your choice on the shirt, making sure it is centered and straight. Use your hands to press the transfer onto the shirt, ensuring that it adheres firmly and there are no wrinkles in the transfer or shirt.
Step 3: Apply the Chalk Couture Ink
Add a small amount of Chalk Couture ink onto your squeegee. Spread the ink onto the stencil design, making sure to cover the entire design with an even layer of ink using light pressure. Be careful not to apply too much ink or it may bleed.
Step 4: Remove the Chalk Couture Inspirational Quote Stencils
Make sure your hands are clean before touching another part of the shirt. Carefully peel off the transfer while the ink is still wet. If any areas of the design are not fully covered, touch them up before you completely remove the transfer/ stencil. Once the transfer/stencil is off, allow the ink to dry completely. I normally wait 24 hours before starting the next step.
Step 5: Heat Set
There are two options to heat set the ink on the fabric
- Option 1: Use a handheld clothing iron and parchment paper to make the design permanent. Place the parchment paper over the design and iron over the parchment paper for four minutes. Make sure to move the iron so it doesn’t burn the fabric. Repeat the steps on the back.
- Option 2: Use the Cricut heat press and parchment paper. Heat the heat press to 305 degrees, place the parchment paper over the design, and place the heat press on the design for 30 sec. Repeat the steps for the back.
Now, the design is permanently on the fabric and can be washed according to garment care.
Remove the parchment paper and allow the shirt to cool completely. If desired, you can add additional designs or embellishments to the shirt. Once you’re happy with your design, your shirt is ready to wear!
Step 6: Clean Chalk Couture Transfers / stencil
How to clean Chalk Couture transfers after you use Chalk Couture ink? You simply use warm water to wash off the ink. Once it is all off lays the transfer upside down to dry. Once it’s dry place it back on the white backer sheet with the sticky and shiny side together.
Tips for Best Results:
- Use a shirt made of cotton or a cotton blend for the best results.
- For a beginner, Choose a transfer design with clean lines and simple shapes for easier application.
- Apply the ink in thin, even layers to prevent bleeding.
- Be careful not to overheat the ink during the heat-setting process, which can cause the colors to fade or change.
- I highly recommend you at least tried Chalk Couture on a chalkboard with chalk paste first before you try it on fabric using ink. Although Chalk Couture is an easy craft you can do at home. It’s much easier to try on a chalkboard with paste first because you can simply wash it off and try again. If you mess up with the Chalk Couture ink you basically need to get a new shirt and start over. Which would be a bummer!
Online Youtube Tutorial
This “Good Vibes Only” t-shirt is now one of my favorite yoga shirts! I love it’s something I created at home and can actually enjoy using it!
Chalk Couture T-Shirt Kit Ideas For Summer 2023
Chalk Couture Ideas For Summer
Grab your favorite T-Shirt and create a unique T-Shirt at home with Chalk Couture inspirational quote stencils and Chalk Couture ink.Click To Purchase DIY T Shirt Stencil Kit
Check out all Summer 2023 Chalk Couture Ideas! Adorable !!!
Shop Chalk Couture Inspirational Quote Stencils
Q: Can I use Chalk Couture ink on dark-colored shirts?
Yes, you can use Chalk Couture ink on dark-colored shirts, but you’ll need to use light-colored inks to ensure that the ink shows up well.
Q: How do I care for my Chalk Couture ink shirt?
Once you heat set the Chalk Couture ink, you can care for the shirt by following the care instruction on the garment itself.
Q: Is Chalk Couture ink permanent?
Chalk Couture Ink is not considered to be a permanent ink. However, it can be made more permanent by heat-setting the ink.
Q: What can you use Chalk Couture ink on?
Chalk Couture Ink is a versatile medium that can be used on a variety of surfaces. I recommend using it on fabrics, glass, and ceramics. For all other surfaces, I use the Chalk Couture paste.
- DIY Hat Band Tutorial: How to Make a Hat Band Out of Ribbon and Drop Clot
- How To Ink On Fabric
- How To Ink A Coffee Mug