Benefits of Chalk Couture Ink on Fabric
Chalk Couture ink is easy to use making it a favorite among crafters.
One of the best things about Chalk Couture ink is its versatility. It can be used on a wide range of fabrics, including cotton, burlap, linen, and more. This means you can create customized designs on everything from t-shirts to tote bags to pillowcases.
✏️ Supplies Needed For Pampered Chef Tea Towel Craft:
- Chalk Couture Stencil Locally Grown silk screen transfer /stencil,
- Black Ink
- Chalk Couture Ink Mat
- Tea Towels
Becky Bough is who I recommend for pampered chef consultant.
How To Print Your Own Tea Towels At Home
Using Chalk Couture ink on fabric is easy to create diy farmhouse tea towels for the perfect pampered chef tea towel crafts for adults, but there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure the best results. Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting started:
- Choose your fabric: As mentioned, Chalk Couture ink can be used on a variety of fabrics. You can use any fabric, but it’s best to choose a cotton or linen fabric as they tend to work well with Chalk Couture. The smoother the fabric the better the results will be.
- Prepare your surface: Lay your fabric flat on a smooth, hard surface, like a table or counter. Place the fabric on a Chalk Couture Ink Mat or a protective sheet underneath to prevent any bleeding or smudging. The Chalk Couture Ink mat is great because it has adhesive on it which helps the fabric stay in place while you work with it.
- Apply the Chalk Couture Transfer: Remove the transfer from the white backer sheet and place it on the fabric.
- Apply the ink: Dip the squeegee into the jar of Chalk Couture ink and apply it to the Chalk Couture stencil design in smooth, even strokes. You can use multiple of colors of ink. If you choose to blend the ink colors you may want to test on another piece of fabric to see how the colors blend.
- Remove the transfer: Carefully lift the Chalk Couture transfer off your fabric to reveal your design before the ink dries. Make sure your hands are clean so you don’t accidentally get ink where you don’t want it.
- Heat-set the ink: To make the design permanent, you will need to heat-set the ink. Once you have inked the fabric let it completely dry. I normally let it dry for 24 hours before I heat-set it.
- Option 1: Use a handheld clothing iron and parchment paper to make the design permanent. Place the parchment paper over the ink design and iron over the parchment paper for four minutes. Make sure to move the iron so it doesn’t burn the fabric. Repeat the steps on the back.
- Option 2: Use the Cricut heat press and parchment paper. Heat the heat press to 305 degrees, place the parchment paper over the ink design, and place the heat press on the design for 30 sec. Repeat the steps for the back.
- Clean the transfer: Use cold-luck warm water to remove the ink from the transfer. Let the transfer dry with the sticky side up. Once it is dry place the white backer sheet back on the sticky and shiny sides go together. You can reuse the Chalk Couture stencil 10 – 12 times. I normally am able to use it more with proper care.
Care Instructions For DIY Farmhouse Tea Towels
Once the fabric is heat set use the care instructions of the fabric.
How To Print Your Own Tea Towels At Home Youtube Online Tutorial
In the following video, I provide an online tutorial to walk you through the process of how to print your own tea towels at home for the perfect DIY Farmhouse tea towels. You can use this Chalk Couture ink on fabric tutorial for any fabric.
How Do You Heat Set Chalk Couture Ink on Fabric With An Iron Youtube Online Tutorial
Start @ 4:17
Now you know how to use chalk couture ink on fabric and how easy it is to create one-of-a-kind DIY Farmhouse craft project for adults creating the perfect farmhouse pampered chef tea towel craft. Chalk Couture ink is a versatile, easy-to-use medium that is perfect for handmade fabric projects you can do at home. Whether you’re a seasoned crafter or a beginner, this unique medium can help you create stunning designs that are sure to impress.
Don’t forget to share pictures of your creation with me. Come on over to my Facebook page and share it with me.
Make sure to pin to PINTEREST!! and follow my blog !!
All Chalk Couture supplies can be purchased via my online craft store and will be delivered straight to your door in US and Canada.
Chalk Couture Ideas for 2023
Can you use chalk ink on fabric?
Chalk Couture ink can be used on fabric to create beautiful crafts in the comfort of your home.
Does Chalk Couture wash off fabric?
Chalk Couture ink is permanent once you heat set it and will not wash off the fabric.
How do you make Chalk Couture ink permanent on fabric?
To make Chalk Couture ink permanent you will need to heat set it after the ink has dried for at least 24 hours.
What ink can you use on fabric?
Chalk Couture ink is perfect and easy to use on fabrics.