How to use Chalk Couture transfer/stencils on glass
Are you having wine & cheese parties with your girlfriends? I love getting together with my girlfriends and trying out different brands of wines. My favs right now are just about any California white wines that are buttery and nutty tasting. Um… I can taste it now. Do you have a favorite?
Full Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. For more info, see the Disclaimer Policy
Okay,… back to the subject 🙂 Isn’t it nice to have a personalized glass you can easily identify at a gathering so you know once you get a little tipsy you can still spot your glass? LOL If so, let’s get started making your own personalized wine glass.
Using chalk couture transfer for etching glass is a great way to add a personal touch to any glass surface. Not only is it easy to do, but it’s also a fun activity for the whole tribe. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about etching glass with chalk couture transfer, from the materials you’ll need to the step-by-step process.
Materials Needed for Etching Glass with Chalk Couture Transfer, you’ll need the following materials:
- Protective gloves/glasses
- Etching Cream
- Chalk Couture silk screen transfers/stencils ( large or small). I used the minis or farmhouse.
- Small Squeegee
- Glass surface to etch (i.e wine glasses)
How to Etch Glass with Chalk Couture Transfer Follow these simple steps to etch glass with chalk couture transfer:
- Clean the glass surface thoroughly and dry it.
- Apply the chalk couture transfer design to the glass surface.
- Use a squeegee to apply the chalk couture paste to the design.
- Allow the paste to dry for 15-20 minutes (follow the directions on the etching cream).
- Gently remove the chalk couture transfer/stencil design.
- Rinse the glass surface and transfer/stencil with water to remove any remaining paste.
- Dry the glass surface.
The result will be a beautiful etched design on your glass surface.
Benefits of Etching Glass with Chalk Couture Transfer There are several benefits to using chalk couture transfer for etching glass:
- Easy to use – Chalk Couture transfer is easy to apply and requires no special skills or tools.
- Affordable – The materials needed for etching glass with chalk couture transfer are affordable and can be found at most craft stores.
- Customizable – With chalk couture transfer, you can create your own unique designs and personalize your glass surfaces.
- Versatile – Etched glass with chalk couture transfer can be used for a variety of purposes, such as home decor, gifts, and even business logos.
‘How-To’ youtube video to walk you through the process of etching glass at home.
Now enjoy your girl tribe !! You deserve it!! I would love for you to post a picture of your creation on my Facebook page. Just pick a recent post and show it off!!
Make sure to pin to PINTEREST!! and follow my blog !!
What does etching cream do to glass?
Etching Cream is a chemical that lets you create permanently etched designs on surfaces like windows, mirrors, or glassware at home!
Do you have to seal the glass after etching?
The short answer is No, once you have washed it’s a permanent design. All the designs created with Armour Etch are PERMANENT and dishwasher safe after you remove the cream and dry your finished project you’re done.
Are Chalk Couture transfers/stencils safe for etching?
Chalk Couture reusable transfers can safely be used as glass etching stencils. Once the etching is completed make sure to wash the cream off the stencil, let it dry, and store it on the white backer sheet.